Vice President, Quality and Patient Safety
- Works with the executive team to develop, establish and maintain the corporate quality improvement and patient safety program for the Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters.
- Provides leadership, consultation, training and mentorship to the health system, physician groups and affiliated entities to improve patient safety and quality across the continuum of care.
- Works to improve the efficiency of care and coordinate performance improvement efforts throughout the health system.
- Dr. Godambe is a Pediatric Emergency Physician with over 15 years of experience.
- He served as a faculty member, Associate Medical Director of Emergency Services, and Director of Medical Staff Quality at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis prior to his present role at CHKD. He is also a Professor of Pediatrics at Eastern Virginia Medical School.
- View Dr. Godambe's pediatric physician profile.
Dr. Godambe completed his Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology and Mathematics with Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa honors from Washington University in St. Louis. He then completed the Medical Scientist Training Program at Washington University School of Medicine and received his MD and PhD, in Immunology, degrees. He went onto the Children’s Hospital of Boston/Harvard Medical School and completed his pediatric residency. He completed a fellowship in pediatric emergency medicine at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. He also received his MBA from the University of Tennessee College of Business Administration in Knoxville. He continues to be involved in clinical bedside teaching and research.
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Society for Quality
- American College of Physician Executives
- Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Program for Performance Excellence, National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST)