Vice President, Clinical Integration and Quality
- Works with the executive team to develop, establish and maintain the corporate quality improvement and patient safety program for CHKD.
- Provides leadership, consultation, training and mentorship to the health system, physician groups and affiliated entities to improve patient safety and quality across the continuum of care.
- Works to improve the efficiency of care and coordinate performance improvement efforts throughout the health system.
- Dr. Godambe is a pediatric emergency physician with over 15 years of experience. He worked at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis prior to his present role at CHKD as the Associate Medical Director of Emergency Services and Medical Director of Quality.
- He is a Senior Examiner for the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, which is jointly administered by the NIST, ASQ, and the Department of Commerce. He remains active with AAP and ACEP as well as with the Children’s Hospital Solutions for Patient Safety.
- Dr. Godambe has authored numerous publications and chapters in emergency medicine and immunology and was an associate editor of the 5-Minute Fleisher and Ludwig’s Pediatric Emergency Medicine Consult and the 2013 Pediatric Emergency Medicine Question Book. He is the technical editor for Challenger’s Pediatric Emergency Medicine module. He is an editor of the 2017 Pediatric Emergency Medicine Question Book and currently serves on the Editorial Board of Pediatric Emergency Medicine Practice.
- He is also a professor of pediatrics at Eastern Virginia Medical School.
- View Dr. Godambe's pediatric physician profile.
Dr. Godambe completed his Bachelor of Arts degree in biology and mathematics with Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa honors from Washington University in St. Louis. He then graduated from the Medical Scientist Training Program at Washington University School of Medicine from where he received his MD and PhD (in Immunology) degrees. He completed his pediatrics residency at the Children’s Hospital of Boston and pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. He also received his MBA from University of Tennessee College of Business Administration in Knoxville.
- Fellow, American College of Emergency Physicians
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Society for Quality
- Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Program for Performance Excellence, National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors
- American College of Physician Executives