President and Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible for overseeing the overall strategic operations, financial outcomes, and legislative initiatives of the Health System.
- Supports the strategic directions of the Children’s Health System Board of Directors.
- Served as Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of CHKD from 1994 to 2002 and was responsible for the overall management of all clinical, ancillary, facility and support services for CHKD, its Medical Group and its Surgical Group practices.
- From 1987 to 1993, served as Senior Vice President at Richmond Memorial Hospital; also held senior management positions at hospitals in Texas and Minnesota.
Dahling received a Master of Health Administration degree from the Medical College of Virginia at Virginia Commonwealth University after graduating from the nursing program at Winona State University in Minnesota and receiving a Master of Nursing Administration degree from the University of Minnesota.
- Downtown Norfolk Council
- Greater Norfolk Corporation
- VHHA Board of Directors
- Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance Board of Directors
- Smart Beginnings South Hampton Roads
- Virginia Beach Vision
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce