Patient/Family Advisory Council
Continuing our commitment to provide family-centered care at CHKD, our Patient/Family Advisory Council (PFAC) provides a vital link between CHKD and the community, offering a safe venue for patients and families to provide hospital feedback and input.
Volunteer Council members include current and former patients and family members who have experienced CHKD programs and services firsthand. Members have varied backgrounds and health care experiences. Hospital administrators and select staff are also a part of the Council. Each member is appointed to a two-year term. The Council meets one time per month. If you are ever unable to attend there is a call-in option available.
Role of PFAC
- Provide a vital link between CHKD and the community
- Provide a safe venue for patients and families to provide feedback on delivery services
- Provide a venue for input into program development
- Promote understanding of the services and policies of CHKD among parent groups and parents/guardians of patients
- Review recommendations and provide feedback regarding issues and concerns referred to the Council by parents, staff and/or administration
- Educate families on ways to navigate and improve their relationship with the health care system
- Provide input into the educational program for staff regarding family care issues and participate in educational programs for staff
- Advocate for policies and programs to promote children’s health
- Assist in the planning of new facilities and services as requested by CHKD Board or senior management
Interested in Joining the Council?
If you’re interested in joining the PFAC at CHKD, download a copy of the application. Fill it out and mail it to:
Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters
Patient Experience Services
Attn: Linda Baynes
601 Children’s Lane
Norfolk, VA 23507
Or e-mail it to Linda.Baynes@CHKD.org.
We look forward to working with you to ensure the best possible care for our children.