Thursday, February 23, 2006
Contact: Ridgely Ingersoll
Tidewater Children's Associates Celebrates New Home
– Tidewater Children's Associates, a primary care pediatric practice of CHKD Medical Group, recently moved to a new home. The practice is now located at 171 Kempsville Road in Norfolk, adjacent to a CHKD Health Center that provides complementary health services such as lab, radiology and orthopedic care.
The practice will host an open house to introduce patients and neighbors to its new location from 1 to 3 p.m., Saturday, Mar. 18. Parents and their children can enjoy a variety of activities and events including:
- Car safety seat checks
- Car safety seat and bike raffles
- Tours of Tidewater Children's Associates
- Tours of the CHKD Health Center
- Virginia Beach Fire and Police Department vehicle displays
- CHKD’s mobile intensive care unit
- Face Painting
- Story Time
Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters is the only facility of its kind in Virginia, serving the medical and surgical needs of children throughout greater Hampton Roads, the Eastern Shore of Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. The not-for-profit hospital was founded in 1961 and provides care to approximately 162,000 children each year as inpatients and outpatients, addressing routine and complex illnesses, injuries and chronic conditions. The CHKD Health System operates primary care pediatric practices, surgical practices, multi-service Health Centers and satellite offices throughout its service region.