Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Contact: Joy Vann, (757) 668-8566, email@example.com
CHKD's Health Foundation Names New Board Members
HAMPTON ROADS, Va.—The Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters has named seven area residents to serve on its Children’s Health Foundation board of directors. The Children’s Health Foundation manages the contributions from CHKD supporters, providing funds for programs and research at the hospital. The new members are:
- Julia P. Childress, a member of the Downtown Circle of the Norfolk City Union of The King's Daughters.
- Susan R. Einhorn, CPA and shareholder with Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer PC.
- Sunshine M. Leinbach, information systems manager at Meredith Construction Company and a member of the development advisory board for CHKD.
- T. Richard Litton Jr., president and general counsel for Harbor Group International.
- S. Trevor Pardee, assistant vice president of finance for Norfolk Southern Corporation.
- Gail F. Pruden, vice president and financial center leader at BB&T in Suffolk.
- Taylor Tazewell, partner with Sullivan, Andrews and Taylor Accounting and CPA Investment Advisors.
Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters is the only facility of its kind in Virginia, serving the medical and surgical needs of children throughout greater Hampton Roads, the Eastern Shore of Virginia and northeastern North Carolina.
The not-for-profit hospital was founded in 1961 and last year handled approximately 6,100 inpatient admissions and 200,000 outpatient specialty, surgical and emergency room visits, addressing routine and complex illnesses, injuries and chronic conditions. The CHKD Health System operates primary care pediatric practices, surgical practices, multi-service Health Centers and satellite offices throughout its service region.