Monday, June 29, 2009
Contact: Greg Raver-Lampman
Community leaders elected to serve on CHKD board
– The Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters Health System board of directors has elected J. Jerry Kantor of Norfolk, former president of Broudy-Kantor Company, to serve as chairman. Kantor replaces William J. Romig, who retired from the board after nine years service.
The health system board also elected four new members:
- Maryellen Baldwin of Virginia Beach, executive director of the Navy League and president of The King's Daughters
- Lloyd U. Noland III of Newport News, chairman of the Noland Memorial Foundation
- Mark R. Warden of Virginia Beach, portfolio manager with Wilbanks, Smith and Thomas Asset Management and chairman of CHKD's foundation board
- Rolf Williams of Norfolk, president of Anders Williams and Company and chairman of CHKD's development advisory board.
CHKD is the only freestanding, full-service children’s hospital in Virginia and serves the medical and surgical needs of children throughout greater Hampton Roads, the Eastern Shore of Virginia and northeastern North Carolina.