Many of our employees have said that working at Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters makes them feel like part of a special family. A family that cares for thousands of sick and injured children throughout our region each year. A family with a wonderful reputation in the community and the generous support of the community it serves. And a family that supports, nurtures and values each member of the team as they strive for excellence in their daily interactions with our children and families.
Our Statement of Values
Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters Health System is guided by these values:
- Excellence in Quality of Care and Service
- Teamwork and Communiaction
- Honesty and Integrity
- Personal Responsibility and Stewardship of Resources
- Creativity and Innovation
What Employees can Expect from CHKD Health System
CHKD Health System has established its policies and procedures to:
- Select people based on skill, knowledge, experience, attitude and character without discrimination with regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, color, race, religion, national origin or disability.
- Provide benefits and working conditions consistent with sound business practices.
- Provide paid vacation days and holidays to all eligible employees.
- Provide eligible employees with medical, disability, retirement and other benefits.
- Respect individual rights, and treat all employees with courtesy and consideration.
- Maintain mutual respect within our working relationships.
- Promote employees on the basis of merit.
- Promote or fill vacancies from within the company whenever possible.
- Keep employees informed of upcoming plans and the organization's overall aim and objectives.
- Do all these things in a spirit of professionalism, friendliness and cooperation so that CHKD Health System continues to be a great place to work.