Asthma, Allergy and Immunology
We provide evaluation, diagnosis and treatment for children and teens with symptoms related to asthma and all kinds of allergies.
Conditions We Treat
Services We Offer
We tailor each child's treatment plan according to his or her unique needs. Among the services we may recommend for your child are:
- Skin testing for allergies
- Pulmonary function testing
- Other diagnostic tests
- Patient and family education
- Allergy immunotherapy
- Asthma treatment
Our staff is board-certified in both pediatrics and allergy and immunology and assisted by nursing staff and various technical and office personnel trained to care for the special medical, emotional and educational needs of children.
Insurance and Referral Information
All patients must have a referral from a primary care physician before they call to make an appointment.
If your insurance is an HMO, you must also:
- Make sure your referral has not expired. Many are good for only 30 days, so check yours before you come to your appointment. If your referral has expired, call your primary care physician and explain your situation. In most cases, your primary care provider will write you a new or extended referral.
- Bring the referral with you to the appointment. If you do not have a referral, or if the referral you have is expired, your HMO will not pay for your appointment.
We offer in-depth information about insurance in our billing and insurance section.
We believe that family members are important members of every child's medical team, so we will work with you to determine a diagnosis and develop a treatment plan. We will also work closely with your child's primary care pediatrician and other CHKD specialists to provide coordinated care.
Making an Appointment
For the convenience of our families, we have offices in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake and Newport News. You can choose any location for any appointment. To find which location is nearest you and directions to that location, view our map, below.
Asthma, Allergy and Immunology Locations