Dr. Kelly Maples
American Board of Allergy & Immunology
American Board of Internal Medicine
Medical School: Temple University School of Medicine
Residency: Eastern Virginia Medical School
Fellowship: Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Dr. Maples is actively involved in teaching future physicians here at CHKD and Eastern Virginia Medical School.
Honors & Awards
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2016
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2014, 2015
- Foundation of The American College of Allergy, Asthma, September 2012
and Immunology Young Investigator Grant Award
- Grant Recipient, The Children’s Health Foundation August 2011, awarded funding for a prospective study examining the role of treatment in reversing subepithelial fibrosis in children with eosinophilic esophagitis
- Top Doc, Hampton Roads Magazine, September 2011, 2012, 2013
- Co-author of The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology March 2007
CME exam entitled “The role of leukotrienes in airway Inflammation”;
Awarded The Best of 2006 by the journal editors
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology
Fellow of the Year/2005 Clinical Fellowship Award Jan 2005
Dr. Maples teaches local teachers, parents, school nurses and other doctors in the area about food allergy, asthma and other allergic conditions.
published research involves food allergies and eosinophilic esophagitis.