Developmental pediatric specialists at CHKD provide consultations for the evaluation and diagnosis of children with developmental disabilities such as cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, sensory and language disorders, intellectual disability, autism, learning and attention disorders.
Conditions We Treat
Services We Offer
We tailor each child's treatment plan according to his or her unique needs. We may recommend a consultation with a developmental pediatrician, lab tests or other services depending on your child's assessment.
Insurance and Referral Information
Children referred to CHKD's developmental pediatrics department include premature infants, children with birth defects or syndromes, children with speech and motor delays, or students failing school.
- All Patients have to be referred by a physician.
- The referring physician’s office must call for the first appointment.
- If you have an insurance that requires a referral you should ask your PCP to start the referral process. They will not automatically start it for you.
- Tricare Prime referrals must be received by our office before an appointment can be made. This is the only insurance that a parent can call for the first time appointment after our office has received the referral.
- If you have fee-for-service insurance or a PPO, you do not need a physician's referral to make an appointment.
If you have questions about your bill, please call (757) 668-7200. We also offer in-depth information about insurance in our billing and insurance section.
Developmental Pediatric Locations