"I chose CHKD after my fellowship because everyone I interviewed with, both physicians and administrators, were very upbeat and supportive. We have a fantastic group of physicians who are dedicated educators, clinicians and researchers and make it fun to come to work every day."
Dr. Faiqa Qureshi
American Board of Pediatrics
Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Medical School: King Edward Medical College
Residency: Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Fellowship: Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Dr. Qureshi has been at CHKD since 1993 and is director for the division of pediatric emergency medicine and the medical director for the pediatric emergency department and the ED trauma service.
Honors & Awards
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2015
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2014
- Voted # 1 for Emergency Medicine in “Top Docs For Kids” by Hampton Roads Magazine, August 2004, 2010, 2012 and 2013
- James W. Hayes, M.D. Faculty Teaching Award, Department of Pediatrics, EVMS/CHKD, 1998-1999
- Outstanding Clinical Instructor Award, Emergency Medicine Residents, EVMS, 1997-1998
Emergency department efficiency and flow
Community Involvement and Memberships
- Fellow, American
Academy of Pediatrics
Member, American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Emergency Medicine
Member, Health, Finance, and Reimbursement Committee, Virginia Chapter of the
Fellow, American College of Emergency Physicians
CHKD Medical Executive Committee
- Trauma PI Committee
CHKD Scholastic Oversight Committee
CHKD Promotions Committee
CHKD Asthma Steering Committee, Chair
EVMS PEM Fellowship Scholastic Oversight Committee
- Qureshi F. Chilblains. PEPID Emergency Medicine Suite. Evanston, IL: PEPID
November, 2014. http://www.pepid.com/emergency-medicine/
Qureshi FA, Member PALS subcommittee, Pediatric Advanced Life Support,
Instructor Manual. Editors Chameides L, Samson RD, Schexnayder SM, Hazinski MF,
American Heart Association, 2006 and 2011
- Kleinman, M. E., Chameides, L, Schexnayder SM, Samson RA, Hazinski MF, Atkins
DL, Berg MD, de Caen AR, Fink EL, Freid EB, Hickey RW, Marino BS, Nadkarni VM
Proctor LT, Qureshi FA, Sartorelli K, Topjian A, van der Jagt EW, Zaritsky AL.
(2010). "Part 14: Pediatric Advanced Life Support: 2010 American Heart
Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency
Cardiovascular Care." Circulation 122(18 suppl 3): S876-908.
- Qureshi FA, Zaritsky A, Welch C, Meadows T. Clinical efficacy of racemic
albuterol versus levalbuterol for the treatment of acute pediatric asthma.: Ann
of Emerg Med.2005;46:29-36
- Qureshi FA, Zaritsky A, Poirier MP. Comparative efficacy of oral dexamethasone
versus oral prednisone in acute pediatric asthma. J Pediatr 2001;139:20-6
Qureshi FA. Management of children with acute asthma in the emergency
department. Pediatr Emerg Care 1999;15(3):206-214
- Qureshi FA, Zaritsky
A, Lakkis H. Efficacy of nebulized ipratropium in severely asthmatic children.
Ann of Emerg Med 1997;29:205-211.