"Endocrinology encompasses a mixture of physiology, mathematics and a love for medical mystery combined with an emphasis on health while appreciating the complexity of the human body."
Dr. Kent Reifschneider
American Board of Pediatrics
Medical School: Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University
Residency: Greenville Hospital System
Fellowship: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Reifschneider is a fellowship-trained pediatric endocrinologist and assistant professor at Eastern Virginia Medical School.
He is a community advocate in the areas of diabetes and health awareness.
- Cystic fibrosis-related diabetes
- Growth abnormalities
Honors & Awards
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2016
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2014
- Top Doctors of Hampton Roads 2013
- Invited guest speaker to several conferences in the Virginia and throughout the Southeast
- Volunteer with numerous events relating to diabetes and health awareness
- Virginia Pediatrics, Update on vitamin D and optimizing bone health in infants, children and adolescents, Spring 2011
- Traumatic brain injury in children: Endocrine sequelae. Anne-Marie D Kaulfers, MD, Samantha Blum, RN, Philippe F Backeljauw, MD, Linda Michaud, MD, Moshe Weiss, MD, Kent Reifschneider,MD, Susan R Rose, MD: Journal of Pediatrics, Dec 2010
- Virginia Pediatrics, Article addressing late effects clinic: Endocrinological follow-up for childhood cancer survivors. Summer 2010
- Prevalence of adrenal insufficiency following systemic glucocorticoid therapy in infants with hemangiomas. Lomenick JP, Reifschneider KL, Lucky AW, et al. Arch of Dermatology 2009 vol.145(3): 262-66 with valuable editorial pages 319-20
- FOCUS on Pediatrics, Greenville Hospital System Medical News Letter. Article informing primary pediatricians regarding endocrine related signs and symptoms following treatment in cancer survivors. June 2008