Gastroenterology and Hepatology
At CHKD, six board-certified gastroenterology specialists provide healthcare to patients with gastrointestinal diseases and disorders.
Our physicians are trained in the full spectrum of gastrointestinal disease, and all have experience caring for liver and small bowel transplantation patients.
Conditions We Treat:
We tailor each child's treatment plan according to his or her unique needs. Among the services we may recommend for your child are:
- Breath hydrogen analysis
- Continuous esophageal pH monitoring (both catheter and wireless) and impendance monitoring
- Endoscopic evaluation of the upper and lower intestinal tracts
- Liver biopsy
- Polyp and foreign body removal
- Motility testing
Insurance and Referral Information
If you have an HMO, you must:
- Get a referral from your child's primary care physician before you call to make an appointment.
- Make sure your referral has not expired. Many are good for only 30 days, so check yours before scheduling an appointment. If your referral has expired, call you primary care physician and explain your situation. In most cases, your primary care physician will provide a new or extended referral.
- Bring the referral with you to the appointment. If you do not have a referral, or if the referral has expired, your HMO will not pay for your appointment.
If you have fee-for-service insurance or a PPO, you do not need a physician's referral to make an appointment.
We offer in-depth information about insurance in our billing and insurance section.
Gastroenterology and Hepatology Locations