"My partners are among the best, brightest and most well trained in our field."
Dr. Linda Pegram
American Board of Pediatrics
Medical School: University of North Carolina
Residency: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Fellowship: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
A native of North Carolina, Dr. Pegram completed all of her clinical training after medical school at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, and then returned to North Carolina to join the faculty at Duke University
She came to CHKD in 2004 and has served as the
medical director of the children’s cancer and blood disorders center since
2005. She joined the Children’s Specialty Group (CSG) Management
Committee/Board in 2008 and was encouraged to take on more leadership
responsibility. She became the division director of pediatric hematology
and oncology in 2010.
- Symptoms and quality
of life in children with cancer
- Understanding the experience of parents/caregivers of children with cancer
Honors & Awards
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2015
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2014
- Racing for Hope
Foundation, research training and mentorship grant, 2014
- WHRO 5th Annual Community Impact Award in Health and Public Safety, 2013 (Award in recognition of volunteer work with Edmarc Hospice for
- Hyundai Hope on Wheels Scholar, grant recipient, 2011-2013
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 1995-present
- Assistant medical
director, Edmarc Hospice for Children, Portsmouth, VA., 2007-present
Board of directors, Edmarc Hospice for Children, 2006-present
- Stalls J.M., Mark
M.S., MD, Perkins A.M., MS, and Pegram L.D., MD: “Relationship Between Parental
(Caregiver) Distress and Perceptions of Quality of Life (QOL) in Children with
Cancer”, Summer Scholar Poster Presentation, Eastern Virginia Medical School
(EVMS)/Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters (CHKD), Norfolk, VA, August
- Shores D., Kobak G., Pegram L., Whitington P., and Shneider B.: Giant cell
hepatitis and immune thrombocytopenic purpura – Reversal of liver failure with
Rituximab therapy. J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. Sept 14, 2011.
- Szerlip N.J., Fox E., Manosca F., Pegram L.D., and Lonser R.R.:
Pancreatoblastoma metastases to the brain. J.Neurosurg: Pediatrics 106:169, 2007.
- Himelstein B.P., Jackson N.L., Pegram L.: The Power of Silence. Journal of
Clinical Oncology 19(19):3996, 2001.
- Pegram L.D., Megonigal M.D., Lange B.J., Nowell P.C., Rowley J.D., Rappaport
E.F., Felix C.A.: t(3;11) translocation in treatment-related acute myeloid
leukemia fuses MLL with the GMPS (Guanosine 5’-Monophosphate Synthetase) gene.
Blood 96:4360-4362, 2000.