"The care provided by our staff is outstanding and the hospital's ties to the community are strong."
Dr. Rianna Evans
American Board of Pediatrics
Medical School: Eastern Virginia Medical School
Residency: Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters
Dr. Evans began working with CHKD as a volunteer in high school and remained with the hospital throughout her medical training.
Dr. Evans is now an attending physician at CHKD and is also an assistant professor of pediatrics at EVMS. She received the James E. Etheridge, Jr., and Ahmad A. Shoaibi scholarship in 2007 and was part of the Alpha Omega Honor Medical Society medical school.
- Care of hospitalized children
- Pain management
- Management of febrile infants
Honors & Awards
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2014
- 2011 Faculty Teaching Award for Pediatric Clerkship, EVMS
- 2010 Rubio/Koehl Resident Teaching Award in General Pediatrics, CHKD and EVMS
Biondi E, Evans R, et al. Epidemiology of Bacteremia in Febrile Infants in the United States. Pediatrics 2013; 132:990-996.
Evans R, Fine B. Time to Detection of Bacterial Cultures in Infants Aged 0-90 Days. Hospital Pediatrics 2013; 3:97-102.