Dr. Natasha Sriraman
American Board of Pediatrics
Medical School: St. George University School of Medicine
Residency: New York Medical College
Fellowship: Columbia Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Sriraman has a Master’s in Public Health (MPH) from the University of Pittsburgh.
She speaks Spanish and Hindi and is fluent in both.
- Postpartum depression
- Public health in pediatrics
- Immigrant health
Community Involvement and Memberships
- Board Member, Education Chair, Co-Chapter Breastfeeding Coordinator, Virginia-AAP Chapter
- Executive Board Member; Education Chair, AAP - Section on Breastfeeding
- Board Member, Abstracts Chair, Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- Co-Chair of annual state-wide breastfeeding conference
- AAP - Special Recognition award for breastfeeding advocacy
- Recipient of the SOBr-Lectureship Grant in 2008 and 2012
- Medical Director for Business Case for Breastfeeding in Hampton Roads
- Board Member, Postpartum Support Virginia
- Founder, Tidewater Mental Health Consortium
- Co-Chair, Annual Mental Health in Pregnancy & Beyond Conference
Public Health in Pediatrics
- UCLA pilot grant
- HRSA grant recipient
- Course Director for PPH curriculum at CHKD
Johnson KA, Ferguson KP, Sriraman NK, Mukherjee P 2nd, Gowen CW Jr. Pediatric resident perceptions of public health education: learner-based insights into curriculum design and implementation. Acad Pediatr. 2013 Nov-Dec;13(6):558-63.
Garvin CC, Sriraman NK, Paulson A, Wallace E, Martin CE, Marshall L. The business case for breastfeeding: a successful regional implementation, evaluation, and follow-up. Breastfeed Med. 2013 Aug;8(4):413-7.
Sriraman NK. Breastfeeding advocacy day, June 10, 2009, Washington, DC. Breastfeed Med. 2010 Feb;5(1):53-4.
Sriraman NK, Patrick PA, Hutton K, Edwards KS. Children's drinking water: parental preferences and implications for fluoride exposure. Pediatr Dent. 2009 Jul-Aug;31(4):310-5.