Dr. Natasha Sriraman
American Board of Pediatrics
Medical School: St. George University School of Medicine
Residency: New York Medical College
Fellowship: Columbia Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Sriraman has a Master’s in Public Health (MPH) from the University of Pittsburgh. She speaks Spanish and Hindi and is fluent in both.
Dr. Sriraman has special interest in breastfeeding, postpartum depression, public health in pediatrics and immigrant health.
Johnson KA, Ferguson KP, Sriraman NK, Mukherjee P 2nd, Gowen CW Jr. Pediatric resident perceptions of public health education: learner-based insights into curriculum design and implementation. Acad Pediatr. 2013 Nov-Dec;13(6):558-63.
Garvin CC, Sriraman NK, Paulson A, Wallace E, Martin CE, Marshall L. The business case for breastfeeding: a successful regional implementation, evaluation, and follow-up. Breastfeed Med. 2013 Aug;8(4):413-7.
Sriraman NK. Breastfeeding advocacy day, June 10, 2009, Washington, DC. Breastfeed Med. 2010 Feb;5(1):53-4.
Sriraman NK, Patrick PA, Hutton K, Edwards KS. Children's drinking water: parental preferences and implications for fluoride exposure. Pediatr Dent. 2009 Jul-Aug;31(4):310-5.
Community Involvement and Memberships
- Board Member, Education Chair, Co-Chapter Breastfeeding Coordinator, Virginia-AAP Chapter
- Executive Board Member; Education Chair, AAP - Section on Breastfeeding
- Board Member, Abstracts Chair, Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- Co-Chair of annual state-wide breastfeeding conference
- AAP - Special Recognition award for breastfeeding advocacy
- Recipient of the SOBr-Lectureship Grant in 2008 and 2012
- Medical Director for Business Case for Breastfeeding in Hampton Roads
- Board Member, Postpartum Support Virginia
- Founder, Tidewater Mental Health Consortium
- Co-Chair, Annual Mental Health in Pregnancy & Beyond Conference
Public Health in Pediatrics
- UCLA pilot grant
- HRSA grant recipient
- Course Director for PPH curriculum at CHKD