"I cannot imagine a more meaningful and rewarding job than working with children, and I believe this is what makes pediatrics great and what makes CHKD great. We all love children and derive great pleasure working with them."
Dr. Robert Fink
American Board of Pediatrics
Medical School: University of Virginia
Residency: University of Alabama Birmingham Children's Hospital
Dr. Fink's father, Dr. H. William Fink, began Pediatric Specialists in 1946 and was instrumental in helping establish CHKD. Dr. Robert Fink has worked at Pediatric Specialists for the past 30 years and the practice is consistently recognized as the top pediatric group in the Tidewater area.
In his free time, Dr. Fink enjoys spending quality time with his lovely wife and teenager daughter and son ... and trying to maintain his very competitive tennis game. He is also fluent in Spanish.
- Infectious diseases
- Newborn care
- Pediatric dermatology
Honors & Awards
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2014
- Whitehall Robbins Miracle Makers Award
- Best Doctors Award
- Hampton Roads Magazine Top Docs for Kids Award
- EVMS Faculty Teaching Award
- Patients' Choice Award
- Top Pediatrician in Hampton Roads Award
- America's Top Physicians for Clinical Pediatrics
Community Involvement and Memberships
- Board member, Chesapeake Bay Academy
- Board member, Make A Wish Foundation (1990's)
- President, Children's Health Network
- Member, AAP, Virginia Pediatric Society