"What makes CHKD so great is the collaborative environment. Delivering top quality patient care is always first and foremost in the minds of all members of the faculty and staff."
Dr. Glenda Karp
American Board of Pediatrics
Medical School: McGill University
Residency: Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters
Since 1980, Dr. Karp has dedicated herself to the delivery of quality medical care to the children of Hampton Roads. Not only did she train at CHKD, she subsequently served for years on the executive and credentials committees of the hospital.
In addition, Dr. Karp has been a member of the Children's Medical Group board and has had a long interest in medical education; training pediatric residents and medical students.
Dr. Karp has been recognized by the division of pediatrics at CHKD and EVMS for her outstanding contributions. In 2011 she won the coveted Dean's Faculty Award from EVMS.
- Pediatrics from birth to adulthood
- Patient care for families through generations
- Instruction for medical residents
Honors & Awards
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2014
- Multiple award winner and nominee Community Faculty Teaching through CHKD
- EVMS Community Faculty Teaching Award
- "Top Doctors" for Hampton Roads Magazine, selected by peers
- U.S. World News and World Report Top Docs