CHKD's pediatric neurosurgery team provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment of cranial, spinal and peripheral nerve disorders in infants, children and adolescents.
Our neurosurgery teams strives to ease the worries and fears of children and their parents. With a focus on child-friendly treatment options, we see families as an important part of our medical team and critical in developing an effective and compassionate care plan for each child's unique situation.
Conditions We Treat
Specially trained in pediatric surgery, our surgeons treat children with the following conditions:
Services We Offer
- We work closely with CHKD's craniofacial program to treat children with conditions such as cleft palate, craniosynostosis, craniofacial syndromes and tumors.
- We also see patients with spina bifida at CHKD's spina bifida clinic and collaborate with CHKD orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists to treat scoliosis.
- In the CHKD neuro-oncology program, a multidisciplinary service for patients with brain and spinal cord tumors, we provide evaluation and treatment along with multiple specialists in one central location.
Insurance and Referral Information
If you have an HMO, you must:
- Get a referral from your child's primary care physician before you call to make an appointment.
- Make sure that your referral has not expired. Many are good for only 30 days, so check yours before you come to your appointment. If your referral has expired, call your primary care physician and explain your situation. In most cases, your primary care physician will provide a new or extended referral.
- Bring the referral with you to the appointment. If you do not have a referral or if the referral you have is expired, your HMO will not pay for your appointment.
If you have fee-for-service insurance or a PPO, you do not need a physician's referral to make an appointment.
We offer in-depth information about insurance in our billing and insurance section.