Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
At CHKD, we understand how challenging it
is when orthopedic conditions slow down your children. Our goal is to help each child who suffers from an orthopedic problem -- whether it's a simple broken bone or a complex birth defect -- maintain or develop the most movement and strength possible.
We offer all services associated with diagnosis, treatment and recovery in a child-friendly atmosphere that eases children's worries and fears.
Our physicians are all board-certified orthopedic surgeons who completed additional training in pediatric orthopedics. Each physician is licensed by the Virginia Board of Medicine and is a member of American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery.
Learn more about our comprehensive sports medicine program.
Conditions We Treat
For more information or to refer a patient for spasticity clinic, call (757) 668-8247.
Services We Offer
We tailor each child's treatment plan according to his or her unique needs. Among the services we may recommend for your child are:
- Diagnostic radiology, including MRI
- Physical therapy
- Prosthetic devices
- Stabilization devices
- Devices to assist with mobility
- Occupational therapy
- Pain management
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation
We offer our patients the convenience of office appointments at several different locations.
Insurance and Referral Information
If you have an HMO, you must:
- Get a referral from your child's primary care physician before you call to make an appointment.
- Make sure that your referral has not expired. Many are good for only 30 days, so check yours before you come to your appointment. If your referral has expired, call your primary care physician and explain your situation. In most cases, your primary care physician will provide a new or extended referral.
- Bring the referral with you to the appointment. If you do not have a referral, or if the referral you have is expired, your HMO will not pay for your appointment.
If you have fee-for-service insurance or a PPO, you do not need a physician's referral to make an appointment.
We offer in-depth information about insurance in our billing and insurance section.
Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine Locations