"I want my patients treated in the same way that I would want my own family treated. CHKD's high level of competency and devotion to creating a culture of safety for children is what brought me here."
Dr. Allison Tenfelde
Medical School: Michigan State University
Residency: Michigan State University
Fellowship: Mott Children's Hospital
Fellowship: Detroit Medical Center
Dr. Tenfelde arrived at CHKD after completing two fellowships, one in pediatric orthopedic surgery at the University of Michigan’s Mott Children’s Hospital and another in sports medicine at the Detroit Medical Center, where she worked as an assistant team physician for the Detroit Pistons, the Detroit Red Wings and the Detroit Tigers.
Dr. Tenfelde believes that children get the safest and highest quality care when they are treated at a children's hospital. She was attracted to CHKD by its wonderful, caring and highly trained staff that specializes in only taking care of children.
Honors & Awards
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2015
- Pediatric and adolescent sports medicine
- ACL reconstruction
- Surgical care of the foot, ankle and elbow
- ACL reconstruction in skeletally immature patients
- Vitamin D and bone health
- Fracture healing
Community Involvement and Memberships
- Sports medicine care of the athletic teams at Norfolk Academy and Bishop Sullivan
- Member of the Basilica of Saint Mary of the Immaculate Conception in Norfolk, serving in the parish's health and wellness ministry
- Dr. Tenfelde's published research can be viewed at PubMed