Dr. J. Marc Cardelia
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Medical School: Jefferson Medical College
Residency: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
Fellowship: UCSD/Children's Hospital/Health Center San Diego
Educated at Princeton, Dr. Cardelia serves as surgical director of CHKD's Sports Medicine Program and as a staff pediatric orthopedic surgeon at CHKD. His previous professional work experience was as a staff pediatric orthopedic surgeon at Florida Orthopedic Institute and Nemours Children's Clinic in Pensacola, FL.
Dr. Cardelia has helped design state-of-the-art rehabilitation therapy gymnasiums
at CHKD health centers. He has also developed clinics for young female
athletes focusing on prevention of knee injuries.
Dr. Cardelia serves on the faculty of Eastern Virginia Medical School as assistant professor or orthopedics.
- Youth sports safety
- Overuse injuries in baseball
- Youth sports injuries
- Knee injuries
Honors & Awards
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2014
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Scoliosis Research Society
- National Youth Sports Safety Foundation
- American Medical Association