"CHKD is great because we are always looking for ways to improve patient care."
Dr. Robert Obermeyer
American Board of Surgery
Medical School: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Residency: Western Reserve Care Forum Hospital
Residency: University of Arkansas Children's Hospital
Fellowship: Baylor College of Medicine
Dr. Obermeyer completed a fellowship in advanced laparoscopic minimally invasive surgery at Baylor College of Medicine. He also holds a degree in mechanical engineering from Ohio Northern University and has engineering projects under way involving motion analysis of the chest wall of pectus patients.
In collaboration with Old Dominion University’s engineering department, he has designed a surgical tool for pectus surgery with a U.S. registered patent. Dr. Obermeyer is also an assistant professor of clinical surgery and pediatrics at Eastern Virginia Medical School.
- Neonatal and pediatric thoracic surgery
- Pectus excavatum/carinatum
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery
- American Pediatric Surgical Association
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- International Pediatric Endosurgery Group
- American Academy of Pediatrics (fellow)
- American College of Surgeons (fellow)
Honors & Awards
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2014
- Best Doctors of Virginia 2012, Williamsburg & Tidewater, Virginia Living 2012.
Top Level 5 USA Hockey Coach, Hampton Roads Youth Hockey Association, Icelands Arena, Virginia Beach.