"The commitment of CHKD to the community and the community to CHKD is an irresistible combination."
Dr. Louis Wojcik
American Board of Urology
Medical School: Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
Residency: Brown University
Fellowship: Children's Hospital San Diego
After a brief time elsewhere, Dr. Wojcik returned to CHKD in 2011 to join the department of urology. The opportunity to be a part of a vibrant and strong department, as well as the commitment of both CHKD to the community and the community to CHKD, was an irresistible combination. Dr. Wojcik spends part of the week at the CHKD Norfolk hospital location as well as several days a week on the peninsula. He is the first CHKD surgeon to actually live on the peninsula, making the Oyster Point office his primary location. Dr. Wojcik has also recently expanded the CHKD urology presence to Williamsburg to better serve our patients.
- Hypospadias chordee
- Penile reconstruction
- Undescended testicles
- Childhood hernia/hydroceles
- Fetal hydronephrosis
- Kidney obstructions (UPJ)
- Ereteral abnormalities (reflux, megaureter, ureteroceles)
- Posterior urethral valves
- Prune belly syndrome
- Spina bifida
Honors & Awards
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2014
Community Involvement and Memberships
The Wojcik Family is a member of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church. Dr. Wojcik has served on the OLMC school finance committee. Mrs. Wojcik volunteers at OLMC church and school and the Wojcik boys are variously involved in lacrosse, karate and Boy Scouts.
- “The wet child” in Urological Clinics of North America, with George W. Kaplan, Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, Urologic Clinics North America 25(4): pp. 735-744.
- "Evaluation and management of pediatric daytime incontinence" in Topics in Clinical Urology: Pediatric Urology for the General Urologist, with Anthony A. Caldamone, New York: Igaku/Shoin, pp. 135-158, 1995.
- "Cystic dysplasia of the rete testis - A benign congenital lesion associated with ipsilateral urologic anomalies" Wojcik LJ, Hansen K, Diamond DA, Koyle M, Koff SA, Coplen DE, Caldamone AA. J. Urol. 158(2):600-604, 1997.