Sports Medicine Program
Whether your child is competing as part of a youth soccer league, likes to ride a bike or is on the road to Olympic glory, the multi-disciplinary team at the CHKD sports medicine program is dedicated to the comprehensive treatment of illness and injury in pediatric and college athletes.
CHKD's sports medicine program is widely respected in the region. Our board-certified pediatric specialists offer complete care, from diagnosis and treatment to customized rehabilitation plans. We also offer physical therapy and injury prevention programs for active children and teens.
We take a team approach to treating young athletes. Our team is composed of pediatric orthopedic surgeons, sports medicine specialists, physician assistants, athletic trainers and pediatric sports medicine physical therapists to provide your child the most comprehensive care available -- care that is designed for children and delivered by experts in pediatric care.
Conditions We Treat
CHKD's sports medicine team specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of sudden injuries, as well as those caused by chronic overuse. Some of the conditions we treat frequently include:
Our Comprehensive Services
- Same-day urgent appointments
- Treatment for all sports-related musculoskeletal problems
- Arthroscopic hip, knee, ankle, elbow and shoulder surgery
- Comprehensive concussion program
- Motion analysis studies
- Two state-of-the-art aquatic therapy pools
- Return-to-play guidance
- ACL injury prevention program
- Treatment for dancers, runners and swimmers
- Personal sports-specific training
Sports Medicine Program Locations