CHKD offers physical therapy services to help children of all ages overcome and adapt to the challenges of developmental delay, disease or accident.
Locations throughout Hampton Roads
For the convenience of patients and their families, CHKD offers assessment and therapy services at locations around the region.
Our physical therapists are licensed/certified by the Virginia State Board of Medicine. They work with patients to achieve optimal function in one or more of the following areas:
- Gross motor development
- Balance and coordination
- Gait training
- Strength, endurance and exercise training
- Lower extremity and trunk range-of-motion activities
- Functional independence, including bed mobility, transfers and wheelchair mobility
- Weight management
- Burn care and follow-up treatment
- Evaluation for equipment to increase independence and enhance performance
- Family and patient instruction and education
- Coordination of care, including discharge needs
Our Physical Therapy Locations