CHKD offers speech therapy services to help children of all ages overcome and adapt to the challenges of developmental delay, disease or accident.
Our speech therapists are certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and licensed by the Virginia Board of Examiners for Audiology and Speech Pathology. They work with patients to achieve optimal function in one or more of the following areas:
- Expressive and receptive language disorders
- Articulation disorders (including PROMPT technique)
- Fluency and voice disorders
- Swallowing and feeding disorders
- Cognitive and rehabilitation skills
- Aural rehabilitation including cochlear implant rehabilitation therapy and sign language
- Therapy for patients with craniofacial anomalies, cleft lip/cleft palate and velopharyngeal insufficiency
- Patient and family education and instruction
For the convenience of patients and their families, CHKD offers assessment and therapy services at locations around the region. See below.
Our Speech Therapy Locations