Our children are our future and we want the very best for them. When they hurt, we hurt. At CHKD, we understand and recognize that parents and families are our partners when caring for children. And we are committed to providing family-centered care.
Your child will very likely need both social and emotional support, as well as clinical support. You may need it as well, and we offer it in a variety of ways. Just ask and we will try to provide you with the best help possible. Among the ways we can help are through:
- Patient advocates, whose specific job is is to ensure that your needs are met
- Chaplaincy services, to help patients and families cope with illness and their stay at CHKD
- Social workers, whose job it is to help with all issues resulting from acute or chronic illness or disability
- Child life specialists, who are there to make a child's stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible
- Pet therapy, as CHKD uses its Buddy Brigade of comforting dogs to help with the healing process
If you feel any of these avenues will help, don't hesitate to ask.
Support Services Located at CHKD