Families of children with serious health care needs often need special support, too. CHKD Chaplaincy Services staff members are available to assist and support your entire family as you cope with your child’s illness and hospital stay. Hospital chaplains
assist families who are in need of spiritual help or supportive counseling. The chaplains at CHKD serve all faiths, religions and cultures and are available to meet with individuals and families to comfort
at any time, or in the midst of a crisis.
Chaplains are also available as a resource to hospital staff and employees. A chaplain is either in the hospital or on call 24 hours a day.
Services We Offer
- 24-hour confidential care
- Special services such as baptism, communion, prayer, blessing and anointing
- Assistance contacting a faith community, minister, priest or rabbi
- Guidance surrounding concerns over treatment decisions
- Inspirational books and CDs
- Bereavement support and counseling
- Multi-faith holiday/spiritual awareness programming and special events
- Spanish-speaking staff members
The chapel is open 24 hours a day. Located on the first floor near the front entrance, the chapel is available for prayer, reflection, meditation
or simply a place for quiet thought. Spiritual resources, such as our prayer requests book, inspirational materials, and a variety of sacred texts can be found in the chapel. Sabbath candles, rosaries, prayer rugs, Muslim prayer beads and head coverings are also available upon request for use while in the hospital.
We welcome calls any time from patients and their families, as well as CHKD staff members. No question or concern is too small. For more information you can reach us at 668-8246.