Donating to Child Life
Are you wondering what to donate? Browse the child life wishlist for ideas!
General Donation Guidelines:
- Donations must be approved before drop off by calling (757) 668-7327. Please note that the front desk will not accept the donation without proper approval. Once you get approval, you may drop them off at the front information desk where you will receive a Donation Disclaimer form to fill out for tax purposes.
- Please do not wrap gifts. You may include a donation of gift bags if you would like.
- If you have any questions regarding donations, please call the Child Life Department at (757) 668-7327.
Toy Safety Guidelines:
- All toys donated should be sturdy. We cannot accept toys made of glass or brittle plastic or that have sharp edges or protrusions. We cannot accept toys with detachable or removal parts which can be swallowed or inhaled by small children.
- All toys should be new. We cannot accept used or old toys or stuffed animals due to our infection control policies. Gently used books, DVDs, and video games in very good condition will be accepted.
- We cannot accept any toys and/or gifts that may include food/candy, candles, knives, razors, medicines or Latex balloons.
- We cannot accept toys or video games that depict violence in any way. No guns, swords, or fighting figures will be accepted.
- We cannot accept rated “R” movies or rated “M” games.
- We cannot accept any toys or books with religious messages or of a religious nature.