Developmental pediatric specialists at CHKD provide developmental consultations for the evaluation and diagnosis of children with developmental disabilities such as: cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, sensory and language disorders, intellectual disability, autism, learning and attention disorders.
Children referred to CHKD developmental pediatrics include premature infants, children with birth defects or syndromes such as Down Syndrome, and those who are not talking or walking, are motor delayed or are failing in school.
What conditions do you treat?
We care for children with a variety of conditions, including:
What services do you offer?
We tailor each child's treatment plan according to his or her unique needs. Among the services we may recommend for your child are:
- One-on-one consultation with a developmental pediatrician.
- Laboratory tests as appropriate.
Does your staff have special training?
Our physicians are board certified in pediatrics and have completed additional training (called a fellowship) in
developmental disabilities/developmental pediatrics. Each physician is
licensed by the Virginia Board of Medicine.
Where do you see patients?
We offer our patients the convenience of office appointments at several different locations. Click here for our office locations.
Do I need a referral to make an appointment?
- All Patients have to be referred by a physician.
- The referring physician’s office must call for the first appointment.
- If you have an insurance that requires a referral you should ask your PCP to start the referral process. They will not automatically start it for you.
- Tricare Prime referrals must be received by our office before an appointment can be made. This is the only insurance that a parent can call for the first time appointment after our office has received the referral.
- If you have fee-for-service insurance or a PPO, you do not need a physician's referral to make an appointment.
If you have questions about your bill, please call (757) 668-7200. We also offer in-depth information about insurance in our Billing and Insurance section.
How do I make an appointment?
To schedule an appointment, please call (757) 668-7473 for Dr. Aiello or Dr.
Newmeyer. Former patients of Dr. Montgomery or Dr. Ajmani may also call this number.