The endocrinology specialists at Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters provide a comprehensive range of diagnosis and treatment programs for infants, children and adolescents with conditions or diseases of the endocrine system.
What conditions do you treat?
We care for children with a variety of conditions, including:
- Disorders of bone metabolism/formation
- Disorders of sexual development
- Disorders of the thyroid, adrenal and parathyroid glands
- Pituitary disorders including short stature
- Growth disorders
What services do you offer?
We tailor each child's treatment plan according to his or her unique needs. Among the services we may recommend for your child are:
- Education consultation for growth hormone treatments
- Education consultation for new onset diabetes
- Diabetes Center
Does your staff have special training?
Our physicians are all board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics and are also certified in pediatric endocrinology. In addition, each physician has completed a fellowship in areas such as pediatric endocrinology and adolescent medicine. Each physician is licensed by the Virginia Board of Medicine.
Where do you see patients?
We offer our patients the convenience of office appointments at several different locations. Appointment days and hours vary at each location. Click here for a list of our office locations.
Do I need a referral to make an appointment?
It depends on what kind of insurance you have. If you have an HMO, you must:
- Get a referral from your child's primary care physician before you call to make an appointment.
- Make sure your referral has not expired. Many are good for only 30 days, so check yours before you come to your appointment. If your referral has expired, call your primary care physician and explain your situation. In most cases, your primary care physician will provide a new or extended referral.
- Bring the referral with you to the appointment. If you do not have a referral, or if the referral you have is expired, your HMO will not pay for your appointment.
If you have fee-for-service insurance or a PPO, you do not need a physician's referral to make an appointment.
We offer in-depth information about insurance in our Billing and Insurance section.
How do I make an appointment?
To schedule an appointment, please call (757) 668-7237.