Christos Gabriel, MD
Matthew Hollander, MD

The pediatric rheumatologist at Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters provides care to children suffering from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus and related disorders.

What conditions do you treat?

We care for children with a variety of conditions, including:

What services do you offer?

We tailor each child's treatment plan according to his or her unique needs. Among the services we may recommend for your child are:

  • Nutrition Counseling
  • OT/PT-Occupational & Physical Therapy

Does your staff have special training?

Our physician is certified by the American Board of Pediatrics and is also certified in pediatric rheumatology. In addition, he has completed fellowships in pediatric nephrology and pediatric rheumatology. This physician is licensed by the Virginia Board of Medicine.

When and where do you see patients?

For the convenience of our families, we hold clinics in a variety of locations. Appointment day and hours vary at each location. Click here for a list of our office locations.

Do I need a referral to make an appointment?

It depends on what kind of insurance you have. If you have an HMO, you must:

  • Get a referral from your child's primary care physician before you call to make an appointment.
  • Make sure your referral has not expired. Many are good for only 30 days, so check yours before you come to your appointment. If your referral has expired, call your primary care physician and explain your situation. In most cases, your primary care physician will provide a new or extended referral.
  • Bring the referral with you to the appointment. If you do not have a referral, or if the referral you have is expired, your HMO will not pay for your appointment.

If you have fee-for-service insurance or a PPO, you do not need a physician's referral to make an appointment.

We offer in-depth information about insurance in our Billing and Insurance section.

How do I make an appointment?

To schedule an appointment, please call (757) 668-8572.