"I enjoy working with people who like helping children feel better, in a place that focuses solely on children's health issues. It just feels good making kids smile."
Dr. Marilyn Gowen
American Board of Pediatrics
Medical School: Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Residency: University of Louisville
Fellowship: Duke University School of Medicine
Dr. Gowen is from Richmond, VA, where she majored in biology at the University of Richmond before attending the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine at the Medical College of Virginia.
She has completed fellowships in pediatric allergy, immunology and pulmonology and is an assistant professor of pediatrics and the director of the division of pediatric pulmonology at Eastern Virginia Medical School.
Honors & Awards
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2015
- Coastal Virginia Magazine "Top Doc" 2014
- Hampton Roads Top Doc Award, 2012, 2013
- Student Teaching Award for Pediatrics, 2005
- Pediatric Resident Award for Teaching Excellence (ECU), 1988-1989
- Elder in Presbyterian church
- Peer reviewer for Virginia Health Quality Center, 2003-2004
- Chair, Southeast regional advisory committee, American Lung Association of Virginia, 1998-2002
- Member, board of directors, American Lung Association of Virginia, 1994-2002