Selecting a doctor for your child
As a parent, you make countless choices that affect the health and well-being of your child. Among the most important of these is the selection of your child's pediatrician.
CHKD's Health Line has complete information on hundreds of the region's pediatricians and pediatric medical and surgical specialists. Through our extensive referral system, we can recommend the doctor who best meets your child's and family's needs. Whether you are new to parenting or new to the region, you can rely on our wealth of experience to help you make an educated decision. Call (757) 668-7500 or 1-800-395-2453 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When should I choose a pediatrician for my child?
- Should I visit the doctor's office before my child becomes a patient?
- Is the pediatrician board-certified?
- Does the doctor have special interests or subspecialties?
- Will the pediatrician accept my insurance?
- Are the location and office hours convenient?
- Where did the physician receive medical training?
- Where does the physician admit patients?