The pediatric endocrinology specialists at CHKD provide a comprehensive range of diagnosis and treatment programs for infants, children and adolescents with conditions or diseases of the endocrine (hormone) system.
Conditions We Treat
We tailor each child's treatment plan according to his or her unique needs. Among the services we may recommend for your child are:
- Education consultation for growth hormone treatments
- Education consultation for new onset diabetes
- Diabetes Center
Our physicians are all board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics and are also certified in pediatric endocrinology. In addition, each physician has completed a fellowship in areas such as pediatric endocrinology and adolescent medicine. Each physician is licensed by the Virginia Board of Medicine.
Insurance and Referral Information
If you have an HMO, you must:
- Get a referral from your child's primary care physician before you call to make an appointment.
- Make sure your referral has not expired. Many are good for only 30 days, so check yours before you come to your appointment. If your referral has expired, call your primary care physician and explain your situation. In most cases, your primary care physician will provide a new or extended referral.
- Bring the referral with you to the appointment. If you do not have a referral, or if the referral you have is expired, your HMO will not pay for your appointment.
If you have fee-for-service insurance or a PPO, you do not need a physician's referral to make an appointment.
We offer in-depth information about insurance in our billing and insurance section.